BCLcyclists
Hi everyone,
I am a newbie to the forum and to the gravel bike scene. I am looking at 2 bianchi bikes. The Orso 105 and the Impulso all road. Has anyone seen these in person? Or can anyone tell him they think they would perform as a gravel bike? It really hard to find any info on the Orso. I come from a road background and would like a quicker handling bike. Please and info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Quote 0 0
Volsung

If you're looking for quicker handling, the Impulso would fit your needs more.

I saw an Impulso once.  I think it looks a bit weird with the barcode design, but it was the older black/bright celeste. 

The Orso looks better for my style of riding, but part of buying a Bianchi is the color.  I have an Intenso in standard celeste and my only complaint is it says Bianchi 19x on it.

Quote 0 0
BCLcyclists
Thanks. I will be honest. I can't really make up my mind. I like the surly midnight special but can't get one until January .I am just impatient. Also now looking at a surly straggler. I ha e not done much gravel ridding but he e enjoyed the little I have done. A big thing I wanted though was flat mount disc and thru axles. I think they are future prof.
Quote 0 0
Volsung
Stragglers are the least future proof bike in the world.  They can't even get quick releases right.  Keep shopping around and don't settle for something that doesn't tick all the boxes or you'll just replace it early.
Quote 0 0
MIFAT
Granted this just the frame and fork but I really like it.
Its got flat mounts and thru axles. In riding trim, with tail bag, tail light and an element it comes in at 22.2lbs.
IMG_1731.jpg
2019 Salsa Warbird
Force 1 42 x11-40
Easton ARC 24 on DT350 hubs
WTB Resolute 42 tires
Quote 0 0
satya
I got a 2020 Bianchi Orso 105 last  weekend and happy with it. New York city roads are off road anyway! having problems posting photo..
Quote 0 0