Gravel Al

Would you switch to the Archer Drop Bar shifting for an affordable wireless 12 speed setup? votes

Heck yeah! I love charging batteries. 1 vote
50%
 Nah, I like replacing cables 1 vote
50%
This poll has been closed.
Did anyone else see that Archer is bringing a drop bar shifter solution to market in 2020!?  I am super excited because it means you can buy affordable mountain bike components like 12 speed nx derailers and use it with the Archer wireless shifting system.  It seems like a heck of a cool setup.

Has anyone seen any other info about these?  The only thing I saw came from Rodeo Labs for some reason.

Quote 0 0
smoothmoose
Yes, I want.  I asked Archer the question over a year ago, they said it was in the works.  A few weeks ago, I ask for an update and they shared with me the related Rodeo IG post.

Looks very promising, but I do have some concerns around the button position on the hoods.  I ride the hood or drop about 50/50 even on chunky downhill, so concerned about ghost shifting when riding the hoods.

Also not ideal for hammering in an aero tuck on the drops and needing to upshift when on the road.

Can't have everything I guess.
Quote 0 0
Gravel Al
2 great points!  I'm really curious to see how it works when it does get released. Luckily, I don't hammer too hard in the drops so that won't be as big of a problem for me but it would be good to see a solution for shifting in the drops.
Quote 0 0
GSPChilliwack
I have this dream that Shimano will allow current 11 speed di2 shifters to operate the new 12 speed mtn di2 stuff. I'd love to use the new 10-45 cassette. 
Quote 1 0
smoothmoose
I have this dream that Shimano will allow current 11 speed di2 shifters to operate the new 12 speed mtn di2 stuff. I'd love to use the new 10-45 cassette. 

I had the same dream too.  I doubt it would happen though.  I'm seeing some great deals on the Di2 gear right now and I think the position on the paddles are still the ideal location.
Quote 0 0
Gasman
I had the set up on my Niner RIP 9 RDO MTB and it was awesome.  I hope he makes millions as its a great company (cool swag) and brilliant idea.  Why spend $1k for wireless when you can get the Archer and set it up in about 30 minutes!  I too am worried about ghost shifting as I spend most of my time on the hoods.  I’m a converted mountain biker so gravel is perfect for me as i don't love straight up road bikes, I just cant get comfortable.  I wonder if there is a way to make it work with a Rival bifter?  Any idea when this will be out?  I just checked the website and no joy?
Quote 0 0