onetrackmind
My first gravel bike is an All City - Zig Zag with full Ultegra and Whisky parts. Bike rides smooth and rolls fast.  Bici All City.jpeg
Adam
Quote 2 0
chas
looks like a nice Steed!  
Quote 0 0
simplemind
Love All City frames, very comfy and light for steel.  Didn’t know they came up with a new gravel frame, we have the Cosmic Stallion and very happy with it.
Quote 0 0
Lammark
That thing look awesome. Love the colors. I have Macho Man and really like All City. Wasn’t familiar with the Zig Zag but it seems like a very cool bike. Enjoy!
Quote 0 0
brian_m

From the looks of it All City markets the Zig Zag as a road+ sort of bike, maybe not fully a gravel machine? Tire clearance is narrower than what most folks would consider technically gravel size: https://allcitycycles.com/bikes/zig_zag_ultegra

I use one of All City's lower-end 612 chromoly tubing bikes as my commuter and it's great for that. Quite a bit heavy and stiff though. Have to guess that their ACE, Columbus, or Reynolds -based frames are much better for proper gravel riding as I wouldn't personally recommend the 612-tube bikes. 

Quote 0 0
Koyote
brian_m wrote:

From the looks of it All City markets the Zig Zag as a road+ sort of bike, maybe not fully a gravel machine? Tire clearance is narrower than what most folks would consider technically gravel size: https://allcitycycles.com/bikes/zig_zag_ultegra

I use one of All City's lower-end 612 chromoly tubing bikes as my commuter and it's great for that. Quite a bit heavy and stiff though. Have to guess that their ACE, Columbus, or Reynolds -based frames are much better for proper gravel riding as I wouldn't personally recommend the 612-tube bikes. 

Their website states that it'll take 35mm tires w/out fenders, and plenty of good gravel can be ridden on tires that wide; but I agree that it is not really intended to be a gravel bike, but more of a paved road bike that can easily ride some dirt or mild gravel.

I also agree about the All City bikes with the 612 chromoly frames. I've got a Space Horse Disc, and while it is a nice "do anything" bike, it's a tank. I have raced gravel on it (it takes tires up to 42mm), but not quickly.
Quote 0 0
ATLien
Hello!  Curious, have you experimented with different tire widths?  I know the website says max 35, often manufacturers are conservative with stated max width.  If 38 tires fit, I'm interested in this as an all-road option.  Thanks!
Quote 0 0
Koyote
ATLien wrote:
Hello!  Curious, have you experimented with different tire widths?  I know the website says max 35, often manufacturers are conservative with stated max width.  If 38 tires fit, I'm interested in this as an all-road option.  Thanks!

Bear this in mind: I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that there is more to a gravel bike than tire clearance. I believe there are frame strength standards (ASTM) for different intended purposes...A road bike is intended for relatively smooth paved surfaces, gravel bikes for rougher stuff. Ditto for the cf forks. Again, I'm sure this bike is fine for it's intended purpose, but I wouldn't recommend riding any rough gravel routes on it.
Quote 0 0