The_Mickstar
I'm considering this frameset, but the publicized max tire clearance is a concern.  For long races, I need the comfort of bigger tires.  Has anyone had luck fitting something like a Clement MSO 40?  How tight was it?
Quote 0 0
xhx
I have a Nature Boy Disc (not the 853) built up for commuting. It'll clear Nano 40s on 19mm rims with enough mm to spare at all close points.
Quote 0 0
jhueber1
I also have a Nature Boy disc and have run Knards in 41's for the last couple years with no issues
Quote 0 0
The Gable

Hello, I am considering to buy a Nature Boy disc 853 but I have the same doubts about tyre clearance as The Mickstar. 
Any feedback about 41mm Surly Knard on a NatureBoy disc 853?
I am asking againg on this thread beacause the 853 has a shorter chainstay so probably also a different tyre clearance. 

Thanks in advance. 

Quote 0 0
The_Mickstar
I'm currently running Panaracer GravelKing SK 40s (which actually measure ~43mm) on Easton R90 SL rims (19.5mm internal width) on my 58cm Nature Boy 853.  No issues.  My gearing (41x17) has the rear ~2/3 of the way back in the dropout.  You can see some pics (with a Clement MSO 40 installed) here...

https://www.pedalroom.com/bike/mickeys-nature-boy-853-33081
Quote 0 0
egear
I have an 853 and a regular old Nature boy both discs.  I have also run Surly Knard 41's with no issues.  I just ordered a set of WTB Resolute tires which are 42's no issues.  These are mounted on a set of Mavic 627&927 rims. 27mm internal width.  The only comment I have is when the tire muds up chainstay clearance suffers.  I normally run MSO 40's on it.
Never blame the bike it's rarely the bikes fault !!
Quote 0 0
bocomomark
I have both the 853 and 612 disc models. I run Gravelking 38s and Surly Knard 41s (just measured at 40.5mm and 42+ respectively).  The Gravelkings fit very nicely, and the Knards fit fine, but I wouldn't want to encounter mud with them.  Mostly because one is a file tread tire and the other knobby, but I also feel like anything much beyond a 40mm tire is too much. If I was planning on mud I would put 35s on it for sure.
Quote 0 0