Jimbop
I've been learning how to maintain my bike over the past several months and it's time I gave my bb some love/replacement.  I ride in all weather and the bike is regularly covered in lovely wet mud, the bb has never been serviced and I suspect that it's probably long overdue needing some help.

Is a PF BB30 bb something that's easy to change with a couple of tools or is it, particularly as it hasn't been touched since I bought the bike in 2016, something best left for LBS?  If reasonably straightforward then any advice on the tools I'd need and which bb/bearing to buy to replace it would be much appreciated.  I've just googled and found 'FSA BB30 Replacement Bearings', which are probably just the ticket given that i have FSA cranks.

Having googled it some more (not sure why I didn't do that to start with) I see that I need a bearing press, which whilst not super spendy is not something I'm going to invest in given that my CAADX is soon going to be retired to spend the rest of its days on my turbo trainer.  I'll see if I can borrow the tool from a friend of mine who probably has one.
Quote 0 0
Jimbop
PS I would delete this topic because I've answered it but i can't find a way of doing it. 
Quote 0 0
GHC
You nailed it.   It's not a tough job with the right tools ... but the tools cost is close (if not more depending on your LBS) to what a good LBS will charge.....so it comes down to how many bikes/bearings you think you will use it on over a number of years, or the conv of having a shop do it for you. 
Quote 0 0