krisbin
Hi there,
Just recently got into gravel riding and love it! I'm considering a new wheel set but don't know if I can fit my Schwalbe X-One 700x33c on a 21mm rim (internal witdth). Has anyone here tried it?

Thanks
Quote 0 0
dangle
You're good to go. Three of my CX wheelsets are a 21mm ID (Stans specifically) and I run those same tires on a 21mm ID and a 22mm ID.
Quote 0 0
krisbin
Awesome - Thx!

Quote 0 0
Smale Rider
21 is a excellent size for wheels 32 up. I’d say the only time that might be an issue is if your bike can only squeeze only up to 35 like that Trek domanne gravel nonsense and if you are dealing with some uci must be 33 mm cyclocross rules
Quote 1 0
oleritter
Yes.  Do it!
I Build Wheels @millcitycycle

https://www.facebook.com/millcitycycle/
Quote 0 0
sgtrobo
21mm ID is what I'd consider about the ideal internal diameter for a 33(ish) tire.  That's what I go with for all wheel/tire combos I use for CX
Quote 0 0
Pynchonite
Basically, anything bigger than the inner width of the rim will work.  After that, it depends on what width of rim the tire was designed for.  Most companies these days are designing their CX and gravel tires for 20-21mm wide rims.
Quote 0 0
Mudge
I’ve used 23mm road tires on 21mm internal width rims with no problems. You’ll have no problems with 33mm tires
Quote 0 0