Agcherw
I am getting ready to ride my first Dirty Kanza and the largest tires I can ride on are 700 x 33 c, so that is what I am running on my Specialized Diverge A1.  I have Specialized Tracer Pro Tubelss set up on the bike and have been training 800-1000 miles a month for the past few months no problem here in Michigan on gravel.  I spent last summer in Kansas riding on some of the roads around Emporia with a 700 x 33 c set up with only one pinch flat being that I was not tubeless at the time.  I understand that obviously wider tires are better but I have to work with what I have.  What are some of the problems I am bound to have due to riding with 700 x 33's during the Dirty Kanza?
Quote 0 0
Koyote
If that's the widest tire you can fit in the bike, it's probably best to just ride it and not worry!  And ride it as you should with any tires: pick your line carefully, avoid large obstructions, and be carry everything you need to handle problems (plug kit, tire boots, tubes and a means to fill them, etc.).
Quote 1 0
Konass
Yep, it has been done before and I am sure others will do it again. So just ride. As stated, pick your line. IF you see a bunch of folks up ahead fixing flats, SLOW DOWN, and pass through carefully. Good luck!
Quote 1 0
chas
I'm thinking you can go bigger in the front, so that is something to consider...
Quote 0 0