ForrestM
Hi everyone. Just ordered a set of Industry 9 Ultralight 650b wheels today for my Salsa Warroad. What is your favorite 650bx47. It would also be helpful if you could tell me if the tires you are suggesting measure true to size. These are for LR, DK, and Michigan C2C. They will see probably 30% pavement tops. 

Thanks! 
Quote 0 0
shiggy
I have been using the Panaracer GK SK 650Bx48 for more than two years. Good pretty much everywhere but mud. Measures 52mm(!) on a 25mm internal rim.
No flats. No casing damage.

Looking to get the Rene Herse Juniper Ridge for better mud performance 
Quote 1 0
ForrestM
The Salsa Warroad frame specifies a 650bx47 as max, so I will rule that one out ..  
Quote 0 0
chas
I was surprised how slow (and noisy) the GK SK 650Bx48 was compared to the 40mm Rambles or G-Ones.  I don't think the thinner versions are that slow (although maybe the size exacerbates the problem).  

Forrest - ISO standards require 6mm clearance on each side, so keep that in mind (but yeah, 52mm is pushing it. 
Quote 0 0
Fishman
I am going into my third season riding the Terrene - Elwood - Tough - 47mm. I ride them on all sorts of surfaces and conditions in western MA and southern VT. I find them to be a great all around tire unless its super muddy. They are mounted on Industry Nine AR25. Don't have the true measurement - Sorry. 
Quote 0 0
ljsmith
I like the Terrene Elwoods also, but mine are the light casing which I don't think would work well for DK.  On 23mm internal rims they are 47.5mm.  
Quote 0 0
DerekJ_MI
WTB Riddlers.  2 DK finishes, no issues.  Last year I switched to WTB Resolute and I did have a few flats.  Then again, riding in a DK it's not a question of whether you will flat, but how many times you'll flat and how quickly you can fix your flats.
Quote 0 0
Frank
I have been riding WTB Venture---47 mm for a couple of months ( 200-300 miles)---great looking tire  and really designed for tougher gravel etc.  So far this tire is everything hoped and  I like better than resolutes and riddlers that I have been using.  For sure I like better than panaracer GK SK.
Quote 0 0
ForrestM
I run 35mm Terravail Cannonballs on my 700c wheelset. They measure true to size unlike the 35mm Gravel Kings I had on there before which ballooned to 39mm. It's a tough tire so I chose to go with the Cannonball in 650bX47. Once I get some miles on these I will follow up. 
Quote 0 0
shiggy
chas wrote:
I was surprised how slow (and noisy) the GK SK 650Bx48 was compared to the 40mm Rambles or G-Ones.  I don't think the thinner versions are that slow (although maybe the size exacerbates the problem). 

yes, the SK buzzes on pavement. I have no issues with how it rolls. Not slow on unpaved surfaces. My (narrower, not “thinner”) 42mm slicks are quicker on pavement, but not a big deal for me on mixed, mostly unpaved rides. I have used “road” tires that are slugs be comparison.
Quote 0 0