EdDriscoll
I'm about to have a 3T Exploro (Team Force Carbon) gravel bike built and looking for 650B carbon wheel recommendations.  I realize  I could spend thousands, but I'm limited on a $1000 budget.  Thanks
Quote 0 0
chas
how 'bout £1,000?

https://road.cc/content/buyers-guide/258106-10-best-tubeless-wheelsets-under-ps1000?amp

Personally, I had oleritter make me a set.
Quote 0 0
thumper88
Mercury G3s. Now discounted substantially from the original $800.
Buy yourself an Easton crankset, a carbon railed saddle and a pair of 650 schwalbes with the savings.
Quote 0 0
portik369

EdDriscoll wrote:
I'm about to have a 3T Exploro (Team Force Carbon) gravel bike built and looking for 650B carbon wheel recommendations.  I realize  I could spend thousands, but I'm limited on a $1000 budget.  Thanks

I would build my own wheels.
30x30mm rims (295gr each) : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/295g-650B-30mm-x-30mm-27-5er-vtt-XC-jantes-en-carbone-UD-mat-brillant-24/32894473870.html
Novatec 791/792 : $70
cx rays spokes
Sub 1300gr wheelset for cheap money.

Tubeless tape and valve x2 : $10

Very happy with mine (with WTB Horizon 47c).

Quote 0 0
owly
I'd go the china rims route. e.g. CarbonFan, with the rim inner-width/height/weight you want. For hubs you could go Novatech carbon to save a bit of weight and money over the high-end lightweight ones. Sapim D-light spokes if you're a lightweight, and brass nipples. 

Hand the components over to a wheelbuilder.
Quote 0 0
Slim
+1 on brass nipples. Replaced a spoke yesterday that had the nipple broken, and as I was truing the wheel, 2 more nipples broke on the top from the screwdriver. This is after having 2 other wheels with aluminum nipples break and several friends with the same problem.

As far as recommendations, Newmen rims consistently get great reviews and test results for impact strength, so if you can live without aero rims, their alloy wheels are as light as many carbon ones, and then you don’t worry about catastrophicly breaking a carbon rim miles out in the woods.
(I say this after smacking my front wheel into a hole so hard my brake levers rotated and the rim alloy rim has a bit of a flat spot, but I can still use it, while a carbon rim cracked on me after burning air and smacking a rock).
They do also make carbon rims that use the same design, and should be very impact resistant too.
Quote 0 0
chas
I don't know.  Brass nipples.  You got a photo of those?  Sounds kinda cold...
Quote 0 0