SavageSpath
I don't have clearance for the 38/40 mm tires that everyone is going to these days. What is your favorite gravel tire under 35mm?

Looking for an all rounder.
Quote 0 0
Sadlebred
I'm interested as well. My team was sponsored by Kenda for a few years, so I was running whatever we could order. My cx/gravel/adventure bike won't take much more than a 35.
Quote 0 0
chilejeep
Really liking the Sammy Slick that comes on the Warbird, comes in right at 35
Quote 0 0
kriskexplorer
I've heard good things on the Panaracer Gravel King SK's. 32/35/40 available.  For my next set I'll probably be running these.  Maybe a 40 in front and a 35 for the rear.
Quote 1 0
Sadlebred
Has anyone used the Maxxis Raze for Gravel?
Quote 0 0
shiggy
Sadlebred wrote:
Has anyone used the Maxxis Raze for Gravel?

A buddy ran the Raze at the Gran Fondo Ephrata. Said they worked well. Pavement, sand, fresh gravel, chunky stuff, hardpack. Worn a bit, so the center tread was about 1/2 depth.
Quote 0 0
thepointchris
I can recommend the Gravel King SK32, especially if your frame cannot clear a bigger tire. I run these (as well as the 28c Gravel King ) on a Black Mountain Road bike: they roll FAST for a treaded tire, they feel lively (120 TPI sidewalls), and the cornering is very predictable. Admittedly, being only 32c they will not handle big or deep gravel as well as a bigger tire will, but I doubt you'll find a faster all-rounder in that size than the GK 32. I only have 700 or so dirt miles on them, all puncture free, but I compared them with the 35c Clement USH (which my frame clears just), and the GK was just a better, faster ride for what I do ( no mud, no rain in SoCal).
And the 28c Gravel Kings did 3500 miles, one puncture. I'm a big Panaracer fan!
Quote 0 0
RoverAl
For a tubed tire the Clement Xplor USH 35-622 is a great all around tire with a flat center tread and outside knobs. 
Anyone see something like this tubeless please let me know...

IMAG0306.jpg
Quote 0 0
oleritter
Another vote for gravel kings. Running 32's on 27mm wide rims tubeless. Fast tires as panaracers generally are. When conditions call for it, I switch to a 42 tire on a 650b wheel. Soma cazadero. Made by panaracer.
I Build Wheels @millcitycycle

https://www.facebook.com/millcitycycle/
Quote 0 0
jonz
RoverAl wrote:
For a tubed tire the Clement Xplor USH 35-622 is a great all around tire with a flat center tread and outside knobs. 
Anyone see something like this tubeless please let me know...

IMAG0306.jpg

I just bought a Jamis Renegade with this exact tire.  I tried it at the listed minimum of 65 psi and it was still a little harsh.  I dropped the front to 50 psi which was better.  I weight 185 lbs - what is the minimum pressure you run?  Also, can this tire be set up tubeless with sealant?  

For the OP, it rolls smoothly on pavement.  I haven't had a chance to try it on gravel yet.

Quote 0 0
RoverAl
Jonz, the psi range on my tire is 55-90  I have had them as low as 45-50 and like them but I mostly use these on hard pack or for paved touring and keep them around 50 -60 I tried to set them up tubeless on some WTB Frequency I23  UST rims without success couldn't get the bead to set. Maybe others had better luck. 

Since I posted,  I discovered Kendas Flintridge pro tubeless ready and ordered a set in 700x35 tread pattern is simiilar with different knobs. Since I have gone tubeless on my other bike riding with tubes seems weird.KendaFlintridgePro2015-2.jpg
Quote 0 0
Jbiehn
where did you order the flintridge 35s from?  I have the 40s but would like to try the 35s and can't find them anywhere.  Thanks!
Quote 0 0
RoverAl
I just googled kenda flint ridge pro  and the place that came up is bikeinn. never heard of them but ordered anyway they estimate delivery  by  the 18th or sooner...
Quote 0 0
Jbiehn
Thanks RoverAl, I see them... Looks like they are in Spain.... I'll give it a shot.  

Cheers, 

John 
Quote 0 0
RoverAl
Clement Strada USH looks real nice and tubeless design. Photo credit cxmagazine nahbs-gravel-tires-2016-img_4049-cxmagazine-ay-v2-750x500.jpg 
Quote 1 0