sabamacx

Fully integrated soft-tail gravel bike.
Quote 0 0
dangle
Kudos for including the geometry chart. That's a LONG reach! We're finally getting closer to mountain bike geometry.
Quote 0 0
sabamacx
Long reach with very short stems (50mm and 70mm).
Quote 0 0
GOTA
I don't see any mounts on the fork.  I'm not even sure you can get a rack or fenders on this.  I own 2 BMC road bikes and really love them.  It's a great brand but the focus seems to be always on racing.  It just seems to me that if you are going to have 4 models which are all very expensive at least 1 should be more versatile.  If I'm spending $3,300 for an Apex geared bike I'd want it to be able to do more than race.
Quote 0 0
Volsung
E-bike aesthetics without the motor.  Super neat!
Quote 0 0
chas
Everything you wanted to know is here - Great detailed review:

https://cyclingtips.com/2019/07/bmc-unrestricted-urs-2020-first-ride-review/

Definitely on the mountain bike side of things - they even questioned whether you wouldn't be better off on a hard tail XC machine than this.   More options for everyone!
Quote 0 0
GOTA
chas wrote:
Everything you wanted to know is here - Great detailed review:

https://cyclingtips.com/2019/07/bmc-unrestricted-urs-2020-first-ride-review/

Definitely on the mountain bike side of things - they even questioned whether you wouldn't be better off on a hard tail XC machine than this.   More options for everyone!

Thanks for posting that link chas.  I've read a bunch of articles on this bike from the same BMC event but this was the most complete.  Most of the others are so mesmerized by the unusual geometry that they run out of space for almost everything else.  This one covers it all.  This is still not for me but it's very interesting and different from what everyone else is doing.
Quote 0 0
smoothmoose
Anybody get their hands on this bike?  I feel the geometry is dead on for what I'm looking for.  My only question is what wide 650b/27.5 tires can you fit?  The articles state 650b x 47, but given it fits 700x45mm it seems too low, conservative.

I would want 27.5 x 2.2" - don't need much mud clearance, but need to clear that. 
Quote 0 0