delore
I’ve spent ages trying to find a way to get a wheel with 12mm thru axels onto a 15mm fork. Obviously easy the other way around with a plethora of adapters available... I assumed there might be a simple threaded nut that could go into the fork thread. This to me would seem simple and elegant, but am probably missing something since they don’t seem to exist.

I’d love to not have to buy a new hub or wheel. Any suggestions please? Thank you.
Quote 0 0
JWB475
What type of hub and what type of fork?

Some hubs are easily converted between 15mm and 12mm by swapping end caps.

In my experience, forks usually aren't able to be converted.
Quote 0 0
delore
JWB475 wrote:
What type of hub and what type of fork?

Some hubs are easily converted between 15mm and 12mm by swapping end caps.

In my experience, forks usually aren't able to be converted.

Thanks for the reply. Hubs are Giant Performance Tracker Discs. I have contacted Giant a few times, but have never heard back. Couldn't find anything on the web so assume they cannot be converted. Think I'll bite the bullet on a new wheel build :-) Thanks heaps for your help.
Quote 0 0
edub

Quote:
I’ve spent ages trying to find a way to get a wheel with 12mm thru axels onto a 15mm fork.

I think you mean something like this 
http://www.rodeo-labs.com/product/rodeo-spork-12mm-axle-conversion-kit/

You could consider making something similar with a machine shops help if your current fork doesn't accommodate.

Quote 0 0
delore
edub wrote:

I think you mean something like this 
http://www.rodeo-labs.com/product/rodeo-spork-12mm-axle-conversion-kit/

You could consider making something similar with a machine shops help if your current fork doesn't accommodate.

Yes!!! :-) Thanks so much for the link. Unfortunately I've already ordered another wheel build, but that's exactly what I was looking for. Good to know for the future; myself and others. Thanks heaps. 
Quote 0 0
edub

Nuts, I was trying to get registered quickly so you wouldn't go buying a whole wheel set =) 

Enjoy the new wheels! 

Quote 0 0
HollyBoni
delore wrote:

Yes!!! :-) Thanks so much for the link. Unfortunately I've already ordered another wheel build, but that's exactly what I was looking for. Good to know for the future; myself and others. Thanks heaps. 

With a decent wheelset you get different end caps for different axle standards. On the front wheel you usually just pull them out by hand, put in another one, job done. I wouldn't even call it an adapter really. IMO a much better solution than threading some adapter in the fork.
Quote 0 0